So, here I was, on an early groggy morning, aboard the Ajmer Shatabdi enroute to Jaipur! I had heard so much about the sights and smells of the pink city, almost had a sense of familiarity with the place I had never seen before. You pretty much know what to expect – the Hawa Mahal and the walled city, the Amer Fort, the dazzling colors abound – but in its own subtle and charming way, the city still sprung a lot of pleasant surprises….here is the city as seen by me over a hurried weekend, hope to be back there soon!
For more pictures of my travels, go to https://www.facebook.com/Shadolite
1. An early morning stroll up Amer Fort! The majestic fort is a must see on any traveller’s list
3. Hawkers selling souvenirs take a break!
4. The Indian stereotype – the snake charmer to regale tourists at Amer Fort
5. Its showtime! – Rajasthani puppets for sale
6. The quintessential walled city, the city had been freshly painted and the pink had been replaced by a brick red shade
7. The freedom movement revisited – marble artefact shop at Bhindon ka Bazaar
8. The spicy namkeen sold off the streets!
9. And somewhere in the narrow alleys of Jaipur