Mysore, once the capital of a kingdom, is now a charming old city which retains much of its regalia and splendour. I had heard anecdotes of the chaos in the city, but fortunately, the Mysore I encountered was at its peaceful and charming best.
So, on a lazy weekend jaunt, here are some of the sights I captured
1) Ditch the expressway and opt for Kanakapura Road – a scenic drive though the colourful countryside with much welcome coconut water pit stops
2) Do not miss the twinkling lights of the Amba Vilas Palace at night
3) Wake up early next day and take a stroll down Devaraj Urs market
4) If you are lucky, you might just catch a local wedding at St. Philomena’s Church
5) Bollywood meets faith at a souvenir shop right outside the church
6) Get a whiff of old word royalty at a heritage hotel